In this page, get all the latest details about the Jawahar NVS Admission 2020 -2021 here.
Navodaya Schooll Online Application for Admission to Class VIth ( 2020-2021) started on Ist July 2019. The Closing Date to submit online application is 15 September 2019.
Prospectus for Jawahar NVS Admission in VIth class released for academic session 2020-2021 Check here Prospectus and Online applicant apply link here.
Jawahar Navodaya Admission 2020
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Selection Test for Navodaya Admission to VIth class in JNVs for the academic Session 2020-2021 will be held in two phases as given below.
a) Saturday, 11th January, 2020 at 11.30 A.M in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (Except Dibang Valley and Tawang Districts), Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, (Except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul and Spiti and Shimla Districts), Kerala, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & /Diu, Lakshadweep, Delhi and Pudducherry.
b) Saturday 11th January 2020 at 11.30 A.M in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttarakhand and the District of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the districts of Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahul and Spiti and Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the district of Darjeeling of West Bengal state.
|PARTICULARS||CLASS VIth||CLASS IXth (NOT YET RELEASE)||XIth CLASS|
|Application Form 2020||01 July 2019||–||Open from 13th May 2019 and closing date to apply -10 June 2019|
|Closing Date to Online Apply||15th September 2019|
|Release Date of Admit Card||to be updated|
|JNVST Exam 2020||Ist Phase 11 January 2020|
2nd Phase 11 April 2020
|Date of Answer Key||–|
|Cut Off Marks||–|
|Result /Selection List 2019|
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Admission Application form 2019
JNVS VIth class – open from 01 July 2019 and End Date on 15th September 2019
Class 9th (Lateral Entry): To be updated
Class 11th (Lateral Entry): To be updated
After the candidate has Registered through the application form, the next most important step is to download the hall ticket. Candidate with hall ticket will be allowed to sit for the exam. So it is important to know how to get the hall ticket from the official website. To get more details about the exam to admit card, click on the class wise link provided here.
Check Here JNVST Class VIth Hall Ticket/Admit Card 2019
Check Here JNVST Class IXth Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2019
Prospectus for JNVS Test 2019 for Admission to Class 6th
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Test Answer Key 2020
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test after the successful conduct of examination released answer key online so that candidates and parents can check question/answer and if they are any objection in the Answer stated by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Organization then they can raise an objection in the opened window after which there will be a reconsideration by exam Organization. If there is any correction to be made in Answer /Question are wrong /incorrect then it is being told through public notice and new solution paper is published.
Jawahar NVS Test Cut Off Marks 2020
JNVST after the final release of Answer Key released Cut Off marks category wise list for the appeared students. It is the minimum marks student have to get in order to get eligible for the next round of admission. JNVS released the criteria for the waiting list.
Jawahar NVST Merit List 2020
JNVST merit list is the list of candidate who has cleared the Jawahar Navodays Vidyalaya Selection Test and is eligible to get admission in the selected respective Navodaya School. If a student sees their name in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test merit list then they should proceed to the next round of securing their seat by reporting to the JNV School and paying the fee for the academic session.
Check More detailed about the JNVST Merit List 2019
JNVST Result 2020 – Selection List and Waiting List
After the student had given the exam, the most anticipated thing is scorecard/result. Every year lacks candidate sit for JNVST exam and wait for JNVST Result. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti release result region wise pdf format in which student have to search for the Roll Number and Name. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Test region wise Result will be uploaded in the official website & regional sites of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Admission if there is a relevant seat before the academic session starts. On another hand, in case there is the withdrawal of the name of the previously selected candidate.
JNVS Test Exam preparation tips
Clearing Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Test exam is not as more than 30 lack candidates paper for the exam and there are only a few seats available to fill in approximately 598 NVS schools. For this purpose, we have prepared one article dedicated to how should a candidate start preparing for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Test on our portal www .sikkimuniversity.in
JNVST Exam Preparation tips for class VI
The class 6th syllabus includes three subjects – Mental Ability, Arithmetic and selection, and language test.
Mental Ability – section includes questions to test the mental functioning and through the process of the students. It includes a question consisting of diagrams and figures. Candidate has to think wisely and have to apply logic in order to solve such questions.
Regular Practice is very much helpful as it gives you ideas to approach the logical questions. Practising mental ability questions on a regular basis can help students to qualify in this section.
Arithmetic Section– It includes topics from mathematics that again require regular practice. Parents must help their children in providing a mock test, sample papers, and other required study material. Solving previous year arithmetic questions is very helpful for students.
Language Test– This section is aimed to check the student’s command in English. It includes a Comprehension passage in which students have to answer the questions on the basis of the passage.
Reading newspapers, books, magazines help a log in enhancing the vocabulary and ability to answer the questions. Parents must help their children in providing good practice material so that students can practice well and can easily make to the selection.
JNVST Previous Year Question Paper
Also as per our analysis in exam preparation, JNVST previous year question paper is very important as each year question paper follow the same pattern and similar level of question type. It is important that candidate solve previous year model and exam paper to get an idea of how to give an exam. For that candidate can check our article on question paper and model paper with solutions.
The candidate should in their preparation to crack JNVST 2020, should study from the best book to clear the exam in one go. We have prepared the best JNVST book for class VI and Class IXth.
|Admission||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya School Admissions|
|Type of Article||Navoday Vidyalaya Samiti Admission information|
|Name of the Conducting Body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)|
|Admission Level||National Level|
|Affiliation of the School||CBSE|
|Mode of Application Procedure||Online|
|Selection Basis||Written Test and Lateral Entry|
|Area Covered||Pan India|
|Classes||VIth, IXth & XIth|
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Resource Development. Government of India. JNVS runs a system of alternative schools for talented and gifted candidates of India called as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
These schools were established to find talented children from rural areas of the country and provide them with quality education so that they can complete without facing and disadvantages. All JNVs are co-educational and fully residential schools. These schools are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education.
Every year NVS release application for admission of talented candidates from various districts of the states to class VI, IX and XI. admission to class 6th and 9th are made through a selection exam called JNVST. Whereas admission to class 11th is done through lateral entry based on merit in class X. A large number of children from different states every year for admission to these schools.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti,
Indira Gandhi Stadium, I.P.Estate
New Delhi – 110 002
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
There are Total of 661 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in India till date. The complete details about the number of JNVs is shared below-
|ANDHRA PRADESH||13+2||HIMACHAL PRADESH||12||PUNJAB||22+1|
|ASSAM||27+1||JAMMU & KASHMIR||22+1||PUDUCHERRY||04|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLAND||03||KARNATAKA||30+1||SIKKIM||04|
|CHHATTISGARH||27+1||MADHYA PRADESH||51+2+1||UTTAR PRADESH||75+1|
|DAMAN & DIU||02||MANIPUR||9+2||WEST BENGAL||19+1|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||01||MEGHALAYA||11+1|
TOTAL 638+22+1 = 661
Navodaya Application /Registration Form
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti notifies candidates about admission to the new session through publicity in Doordarshan, All India Radio, NVS website, local newspapers, pamphlets, regional offices, local Navodaya Vidyalaya etc.
- Application forms can be filled via online mode
- Candidates must read all the admission guidelines and instructions carefully before filling the application form so that they can avoid various problems that arise during the application process.
- All the candidates/parents are advised to keep all the necessary documents ready with them before filling the admission form.
Students/guardians can follow the given procedure to fill the application form. It is a general process to fill application for VIth class, IXth class, XIth class.
- Candidates firstly have to go the official website of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- On the homepage of the web portal, students have to search for the relevant application link for the class they have to get admission in.
- On opening the application link, candidates are redirected to the Registration page.
- Fill the required details like as email ID, mobile number etc.
- After successful registration, candidates have to fill the application form. All personal information, qualification details and other details must be filled accurately in the form.
- Now they have to upload a scanned copy of all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Once the application form is filled candidates must review it.
- By clicking on submit button application will be submitted
- Finally, applicants can take a print out of application form for future references.
Jawahar Navodaya Admission Application fees: No Application Fee ( Nil)
All the students/parents applying for JNVS admissions are required to read the eligibility requirements before filling the application form. Candidates must fill the application form only if they satisfy the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Navodiya Vidyalaya Samiti in all 6th, 9th & 11th classes is as follows.
- Applicants must be from the District where the JNV has been opened.
- Applicants must be of age group 9 to 13 years (Applicable to all categories).
- Candidates must have qualified class V from a recognized board.
- Students should have not appeared in JNVST test earlier.
- Students must be of age between 13 to 16 years as on 1st May of the year of admission (for all candidates).
- Students must have studied class VIII from govt./ Govt. aided recognized school.
- Applicants must be of age between 14 to 18 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- Must have qualified class 10th from a recognized board.
- Must have reasonable competency in English & Hindi.
JNVS release an application for admission to class 6th, 9th and 11th admission to JNVS are mainly on the basis of selection test and merit every year.
JNVST Selection Exam/Test
Admission to 6th and 9th class are made strictly on the basis of an entrance exam class Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. All the applicants who want to get admission to JNVs have to appear and qualify JNVST. After the completion of the entrance test, conducting authority invite the selected applicants for document verification and finally, an admission made to the respected school.
11th Class Lateral Entry
No selection test is conducted for admission to XIth class admission to class XI in JNVs is done through lateral entry. Applicants are selected on the basis of merit list which is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in class X.
JNVST Selection Test
Exam Pattern for Class VIth (6th)
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- questions
- Question type- objective type
- Subjects – Mental ability, Arithmetic, Language
- The medium of question paper- Any language out of 21 languages
- Duration- 2 hours
- Negative marks- No
Exam Pattern for Class IX (9th)
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Question type- objective type/ Descriptive
- Section- 4
- Subjects – English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science
- The medium of question paper- English/ Hindi
- Duration- 3 hours
- Total marks- 100
- Negative marks- No
- Syllabus- based on class VII
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Test Centre
NVS selection test is conducted at the various NV established across te country. Students are usually assigned the same Navodaya Vidyalaya of the district which students have filled the application as the test centre. No request for change of exam centre is accepted under my circumstances.
All the selected contenders are required to report the allotted school for verification for all the certificates and documents on the specified dates.
- Address/Residence proof
- Age proof- birth certificate for class 6th and 9th and for class 11th, mark sheet of class Xth is considered as age proof.
- Certificate of Caste and Category issued by the competent Authority (In case of SC/ST applicants)
- Relevant Certificate if student apply for admission under Rural Category
- Physically disable certificate
- Relevant certificate if student apply under transgender category
- Oher documents ( if applicable)
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Admission – Unique feature
Migration of students for National Integration
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has a unique feature under which it allows migration of JNVS students forms area to another. Under this scheme, 30% of students from one Navodaya Vidyalaya of a linguistic region are migrated to another JNV of the different linguistic region at class 9th so that they understand the diversity and plurality of Indian culture. Migration is usually done between Hindi speaking to Non-Hindi speaking regions. In case the selected candidates or their parents refuse to migrate to others then they will not be allowed to continue their studies in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
Migration of students and Three language formula
This unique feature of migration of students in JNVS is to promote National Integration that basically follows a three language formula. Three languages include English, Hindi, Regional languages.
The 3rd language in Hindi speaking regions is the language of migrated students and vice-versa. This language is compulsory for all.
- Marks obtained by students in the selection exam/test are not communicated in JNVS Admission Process.
- There is no provision of Re-evaluation of Answer Books.
- Parents must be present at the allotted school with their wards for verification of documents. Two final notices are sent to them through the registered post.
- If the selected applicant does not report for certificate verification even after 2 reminders than regional office will release the wait list.
- Admission Process to class 6th the main list usually completed by 30 June and to class XI by 15th July every year.